April 6, 2017

The Future of Prince's Isle

No, I am not shutting down this blog.

What I am doing however, is changing how I publish my posts. I have been getting increasingly busy, and I'm not as motivated to write on Prince's Isle anymore. The reason is simple. This blog became a chore to me. So many bloggers have said this happened to them, but I didn't think this would ever happen to me, since I enjoy writing, but it did. I've been getting busier, making it harder for me to write posts, so I've had to publish more half-effort posts like countdowns. This pressure has turned what I thought I would enjoy doing weekly into a chore.

Therefore, I will no longer be posting things on a schedule. Instead, I will have a goal of posting every week, but it will not be a requirement. This way, whenever I am posting it is because I want to, not because I have to. This way, I can publish more high quality posts, even if the quantity shrinks. I bet that's what everyone would prefer: higher quality, even if there is lower quantity.

Also, I would like a new hosting service for this blog. Specifically, one that matches the following:

1) ...doesn't own the content you post. You have 100% of the rights associated with it.

2) ...doesn't censor content like on YouTube (learn more).

3) ...respects your privacy. Yes, blogging services can have a problem with this.

4) ...has similar features to blogging services such as Wordpress and Google's Blogger. However, I'd still like to know about blogging services that follow the first three requirements, even if they don't follow this one.

If you know of any blogging service like this, contact me at jamesgames1990@gmail.com.

Thanks for reading!